Retail Franchise Startup
Create a retail store catering to “white collar” males offering grooming services (e.g. barber, tailor, massage, etc.) plus a bar & lounge. Turn the concept into a franchise to spread throughout the U.S.
WHAT THEY HAD
- Master Barber with a large book of business in downtown Cleveland
- Personal capital to help fund the initial expenses needed for startup
- A relationship with the landlord at the selected location for the store
WHAT WE DID (or ARE CURRENTLY DOING)
- Validated the market opportunity with over 100 downtown Cleveland residents
- Helped organize the various parts into a cohesive and organized strategy for launching
- Helped articulate the value proposition and the opportunity they hoped to pursue
- Hired and managed designer for store layout; bid out construction to contractors and architects
- Negotiate lease terms with building owner
- Wrote a pro forma business plan including a robust operations plan, internal strategy, and financial projections
- Assist in fundraising efforts with equity investors and debt financiers
- Write an operating agreement for the business to be executed by various partners
- Assist in early operations until the business reaches stabilization, including hiring early employees, bookkeeping and more.